I am a full professor in the Electrical Engineering
and Computer Science Department of the University of
Liège (ULg). Before joining ULg I was an assistant professor of
Mathematics at Case
Western Reserve University. And before that I was a Postdoctoral Scholar in
Applied and Computational Mathematics at the
California Institute of Technology (Caltech), as well
as a Chargé de Recherches with the Belgian National
Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS).
My research interests encompass modeling, analysis, algorithm development, and simulation
for problems arising in various areas of engineering and science, with current applications
in computational electromagnetism and biomedical problems:
- Applied and Computational Electromagnetics (ACE) group at the
- Research codes distributed as free (open source) software:
A selection of physical models using these two codes is available on the site of the
Also check out the Onelab/Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices!
- Gmsh — a 3D finite element mesh generator
with integrated CAD and post-processing facilities.
- GetDP — a rather general finite element
solver using mixed finite elements.
- Publications on Google scholar and on
the open repository and bibliography site from the University of Liège.
- Recent preprints:
- B. Thierry, A.Vion, S. Tournier, M. El Bouajaji, D. Colignon, N. Marsic, X. Antoine, C. Geuzaine.
GetDDM: an Open Framework for Testing Optimized Schwarz Methods for Time-Harmonic Wave Problems.
- V. Nivoliers, B. Levy, C. Geuzaine.
Anisotropic and feature sensitive triangular remeshing using normal lifting.
Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 289, 225-240, 2015.
- C. Geuzaine, A. Johnen, J. Lambrechts, J. -F. Remacle, T. Toulorge.
The Generation of Valid Curvilinear Meshes.
Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design Volume 128, 15-39, 2015.
- M. El Bouajaji, B. Thierry, X. Antoine, C. Geuzaine.
A quasi-optimal domain decomposition algorithm for the time-harmonic Maxwell's equations.
Journal of Computational Physics 294, 38-57, 2015.
- N. Marsic, C. Geuzaine.
Efficient finite element assembly of high order Whitney forms.
IET Science, Measurement & Technology 9 (2), 204-210, 2015.
- M. El Bouajaji, X. Antoine, C. Geuzaine.
Approximate local magnetic-to-electric surface operators for time-harmonic Maxwell's equations.
Journal of Computational Physics 279 (15), 241-260, 2014.
- A. Vion, C. Geuzaine.
Double sweep preconditioner for optimized Schwarz methods applied to the Helmholtz problem.
Journal of Computational Physics 266, 171-190, 2014.
- E. Ziegler, S. Chellappa, G. Gaggioni, J. Ly, G. Vandewalle, E. Andre, C. Geuzaine, C. Phillips.
A finite-element reciprocity solution for EEG forward modeling with realistic individual head models.
NeuroImage 103, 542-551, 2014.
- A. Johnen, D. Ernst, C. Geuzaine.
Sequential decision-making approach for quadrangular mesh generation.
Engineering with Computers 1-7, 2014.
- A. Modave, E. Delhez, C. Geuzaine.
Optimizing Perfectly Matched Layers in Discrete Contexts.
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 99(6), 410-437, 2014.
Graduate and undergraduate research opportunities:
I am always looking for capable and highly motivated students (undergraduate and graduate)
with backgrounds and interests in math, engineering, science and computer science to join
my research program. Please contact me to discuss current opportunities.
- If need to create high quality PostScript, PDF or SVG vector images
in your OpenGL application, you might be interested in GL2PS.
- Directory is a LaTeX and BibTeX package
to create and manage address books.
- My old LaTeX class to write letters and faxes at the University of Liège is