The top left picture was used to determine the size of the elements in the
conformal finite element meshes, generated by Gmsh
using this script
Prof. Christophe Geuzaine
University of Liège
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and
Montefiore Institute B28, Quartier Polytech 1
Allée de la Découverte 10, B-4000 Liège, Belgium
Phone: +32 4 366 37 30
Email: cgeuzaine (at uliege.be)
I am a full professor (Professeur Ordinaire) in
the Electrical Engineering and
Computer Science Department of
the University of Liège.
Before joining ULiège I was an assistant professor
at Case Western Reserve University. And
before that I was a Postdoctoral Scholar in
Applied and Computational Mathematics
at the California Institute of Technology
(Caltech), as well as a Chargé de Recherches with
the Belgian National Fund for Scientific
My research interests encompass modeling, analysis, algorithm development, and
simulation for problems arising in various areas of engineering and science,
with current applications in computational electromagnetism as well as biomedical and
- Applied and Computational
Electromagnetics (ACE) group at the
- Research codes distributed as free (open source) software:
A selection of physical models using these two codes is available on the
site of the ONELAB project. Also check
out the ONELAB mobile app for
iPhone, iPad and
- Gmsh — a 3D finite element
mesh generator with integrated CAD and post-processing facilities.
- GetDP — a rather
general finite element solver using mixed finite elements.
Complete list on Google
scholar and on
ORBI, the open repository and bibliography site from the University of Liège.
- N. Marsic, H. De Gersem, G. Demésy, A. Nicolet, C. Geuzaine.
Modal analysis of the ultrahigh finesse
Haroche QED cavity. New Journal of Physics, 2018.
- I. Niyonzima, R. Sabariego, P. Dular, K. Jacques, C. Geuzaine. Multiscale
finite element modeling of nonlinear magnetoquasistatic problems using magnetic induction conforming formulations.
SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, 16(1), pp. 300-326, 2018.
- A. Vion, C. Geuzaine. Improved sweeping preconditioners
for domain decomposition algorithms applied to time-harmonic Helmholtz and Maxwell problems. To appear ESAIM: Proceedings and Surveys, 2018.
- E. Kuci, F. Henrotte, P. Duysinx, C. Geuzaine. Design
sensitivity analysis for shape optimization based on the Lie derivative. Computer Methods
in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 317, 702-722, 2017.
- A. Modave, J. Lambrechts, C. Geuzaine. Perfectly
matched layers for convex truncated domains with discontinuous Galerkin time domain simulations.
Computers & Mathematics with Applications 73 (4), 684-700, 2017.
- M. Spirlet, C. Geuzaine, V. Beauvois. Experimental
Correction of Radiation Patterns Between Electromagnetic Environments. IEEE Transactions
on Antennas and Propagation 65(3), 1330-1338, 2017.
- J. Chovan, C. Geuzaine, M. Slodicka. A-ϕ
formulation of a mathematical model for the induction hardening process with a
nonlinear law for the magnetic field. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and
Engineering 321, 294-315, 2017.
- I. Niyonzima, C. Geuzaine, S. Schöps. Waveform
relaxation for the computational homogenization of multiscale magnetoquasistatic problems.
Journal of Computational Physics 327, 416-433, 2016.
- B. Thierry, A.Vion, S. Tournier, M. El Bouajaji, D. Colignon, N. Marsic,
X. Antoine, C. Geuzaine.
GetDDM: an Open Framework for
Testing Optimized Schwarz Methods for Time-Harmonic Wave Problems.
Computer Physics Communications 203, 309-330, 2016.
- V. Nivoliers, B. Levy, C. Geuzaine.
feature sensitive triangular remeshing using normal lifting. Journal
of Computational and Applied Mathematics 289, 225-240, 2015.
- C. Geuzaine, A. Johnen, J. Lambrechts, J. -F. Remacle, T. Toulorge.
The Generation of Valid
Curvilinear Meshes. Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and
Multidisciplinary Design Volume 128, 15-39, 2015.
- M. El Bouajaji, B. Thierry, X. Antoine, C. Geuzaine.
A quasi-optimal domain
decomposition algorithm for the time-harmonic Maxwell's equations.
Journal of Computational Physics 294, 38-57, 2015.
- N. Marsic, C. Geuzaine.
Efficient finite element
assembly of high order Whitney forms. IET Science, Measurement &
Technology 9 (2), 204-210, 2015.
Graduate and undergraduate research opportunities:
I am always looking for capable and highly motivated students (undergraduate and
graduate) with backgrounds and interests in math, engineering, science and
computer science to join my research program. Please contact me to discuss
- If you need to create high quality PostScript, PDF or SVG vector images in your
OpenGL application, you might be interested
- Directory is a LaTeX and BibTeX
package to create and manage address books.
- My old LaTeX class to write letters and faxes at the University of
Liège is available here.