Paper ID sheet - Systems and Control at ULg
- TITLE: Stabilization
of planar collective motion with limited communication
- AUTHORS: R. Sepulchre, D. Paley, N. Leonard.
- ABSTRACT: This paper proposes a design methodology to stabilize relative equilibria in a model of identical, steered particles moving in the plane at unit speed. Relative equilibria either
correspond to parallel motion of all particles with fixed relative spacing or to circular motion of all
particles around the same circle. Particles exchange relative information according to a communication graph that can be undirected or directed and time-invariant or time-varying. The emphasis of the paper is to show how previous results assuming all-to-all communication can be extended to a general communication framework.
- STATUS: Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Automatic
Control, July 2006.
- DATE OF ENTRY: July 2006.
- Paper: send an email to R. Sepulchre for a preprint of this paper