Paper ID sheet - Systems and Control at ULg
- TITLE: Collective motion: bistability and trajectory tracking
- AUTHORS: D. Paley, N. Leonard, R. Sepulchre
- ABSTRACT: This paper presents analysis and application of steering
control laws for a network of self-propelled, planar particles. We explore
together the two stably controlled group motions, parallel motion and circular
motion, for modeling and design purposes. We show that a previously considered
control law simultaneously stabilizes both parallel and circular group motion,
leading to bistability and hysteresis. We also present behavior primitives
that enable piecewise-linear network trajectory tracking.
- STATUS: Published in Proceedings of the 43rd IEEE Conference
on Decision and Control, The Bahamas, December 2004.
- DATE OF ENTRY: December 2004.